SUPPORT SPECIALIST (TIER 1)
Support Specialist (Tier 1)
The Support Specialist is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the Microsoft Windows desktop and notebook computers. They will undertake minor administration tasks and provide first line phone support to users. The Support Specialist will report to the IT Group Leader and will work closely with other members of the technology department to support all end users.
- Set up, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows desktop and notebook computers
- Use ssh client to evaluate state of networked devices
- Make system account changes as dictated by Tier 2 or group leader.
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot issues from a command line or remote session.
- Maintain field equipment (eg. Change hard drives, replace faulty fans).
- Configuration of video surveillance applications.
- Provide remote support to field technicians.
- Read network reports and source issues with field equipment.
- Maintain excellent communication with all end users and other members of the technology group.
- Work with outside vendors as needed.
- Keep documentation of work complete, and accurate.
- Test failed field equipment for RMA necessities.
- Comfortable operating in a Windows environment (eg. Remote Desktop, Telnet)
- Experience taking apart computer systems and replacing components
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl or climb and lift up to 60 pounds when required
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to: